Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Need something to do

I need something to do in order to keep my mind busy. I started packing the other day thinking that would occupy my time for a while. I have taken many lists from other families who have traveled or that have thought about what is needed. I typed up a list of things that we needed to buy to pack. I had to put all my summer clothes away anyway so instead I just picked out several outfits to pack for the warm Vietnam climate. Then, I started gather up all the toiletries and baby items that were on the lists. I have been saving these little plastic containers from CVS that had Q-tips in them and they are great for packing small bottles of shampoo, lotions etc.

We took the list and went to Target where I have numerous gift cards from friends and family. We bought $85.00 in toiletries and baby items. So I finished off my list. Then we decided we needed a bigger suitcase to pack all this stuff in to check. The most important items will go in our carry-ons. We don't trust the airlines, mostly because Chris worked for them and knows what they do with bags. We like to carry-on our luggage, but with an international flight and on the way home a baby, we didn't think that was possible. More gift cards later, we bought a nice size piece of luggage to check.

Now, I'm 98% packed, not including Chris's clothes. He will have to pack his own roll around luggage. All I will need to pack is his (Nieman) clothes (I'm waiting on sizes), my daily use stuff (makeup, toothbrush etc.) and I'm ready to go. Did you hear that, I'm ready to go so CALL US ALREADY!!!

Now, I need a new project! Any ideas?

3 comments:

A said...

I'm impressed! Good job!
I'm about done with the medicines and baby care stuff. That's as far as I have gotten. I hope you hear some great news very soon!!!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I have a ton of homework that you can do for me. Just sayin...

Teri said...

Like Liz you can do my homework, but personally I like torturing innocent people... hee!

Teri