Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Feel like a Mom already

I was telling Chris (DH) the other day that I already feel like a Mom. I was off on Monday and I spent the whole day cleaning his room, doing his laundry and putting together a little project for him. I said I already don't sleep due to the stress of not having him with us. So the only thing I need really is Him, to play with, to bathe, to dress, to feed, to put to bed, to hug and kiss and to love.

Anyway, he is 17 months old now as of Saturday. I spent the day at a baby shower for him thrown by a close friend I work with. She had cute light blue lanterns hanging from the lights and a bamboo mat as a tablecloth. She also found all these cute candies from Asia and chopsticks to decorate the table with. It was a great day, beautiful, sunny and warm. We were able to sit outside on her patio and play cute adoption and occupational therapy orientated baby games. We are all Occupational Therapists and the games were really geared towards things we learn to look for in children, the developmental stages.

I was trying to organize his room on Monday to help feel a little more in control of it all. We have decided to buy some furniture for his room from IKEA. I think it will really work out well and keep me from melting down about all the toys and clothes he will have all over.

No news yet but we will shout from the rooftops once we hear when we can travel. I will be sending out a massive email to everyone when we hear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your shower sounds wonderful! I would love to know some of the OT games that you played! I also LOVE IKEA!

Colleen said...

soon, I am praying for ya!

Colleen

jennamarie said...

You ARE a mom already :O). I cannot wait to hear from you that you are both on your way to get your son.....and physically have him. Let me know if you need anything.