Friday, October 10, 2008

I-600 Approval

Great news, today! We received our I-600 approval today. This was the last paperwork step we were waiting for prior to traveling. The wait is not over, however, we still must wait for the Giving & Receiving Ceremony (G & R) to be set. This is where things slow for us. The police chief in our providence has been slowing the process for all the families that have their I-600 approvals. He is the only person left to sign off on our dossier that was submitted back in July, along with 9 other families.

Our agency director is/was in country trying to speak with the police chief to push our cases through. I have not heard if he has made any progress. The agency has stated that if he doesn't approve them, the other government agencies will try to go around him.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed that the police chief approves everyone or they go around him in the next couple weeks. He is the last blockade to us getting Nieman.

I'm so excited and relieved to receive this approval today, it makes my weekend. So anyone out to ruin it will not succeed.

7 comments:

Vietnam Adventures said...

That is wonderful news! Hope things get worked out quickly and you soon have your G&R date.

Mary
(traveling in 19 days to get our son in Thanh Hoa, Vietnam)

Anonymous said...

Exciting & Wonderful news! Congrats to you both!

Courtney C
waiting for Lincoln

Teri said...

YAY!!! *happy dance* Congrats, this is wonderful news.

Teri

A said...

Yeah, that's wonderful news!

I'm praying for speedy travel for all of us Bac Lieu families!!!

Andrea
waiting for Brodie in Bac Lieu

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'll be counting the days and saying my prayers!!
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

That is great news! My fingers are crossed that the sherif approves everything in a speedy manners...because I don't want to have to start singing "I shot the sherif, but I did not shoot the deputy..." :)

Colleen said...

WHATTTT!!! I am so behind on my blogging. GREAT NEWS! Hopefully things will get moving on the Vietnam side soon.

Colleen