Friday, November 7, 2008

No baby in 08

Yeah, you read it right. The agency said with the police hold up in our providence, travel seems unlikely this year. Even if the police signed off in the next week our paperwork has to go to IAD - International Adoption Department, then to PDOJ - Provincial Department of Justice; then to
PPC-People’s Provincial Committee then we get travel dates. This is unlikely to happen in less than 2 months.

There is no new time frame on travel, we will go when it's all approved. The police must sign off on our dossier along with many other families. They have tried to put more pressure on him through the Vietnamese agencies. They say he will answer on all the cases, they just didn't say when. The IAD, PDOJ and the police intend to meet to discuss why these cases have not been approved. Also we don't know when this will happen.

For now all I know is we are sad, upset and disappointed that Nie will not be with us this holiday season.

Adoption is a difficult process with roller coasters of emotions. I appreciate all the thoughts you have given us. We still hope to maybe know when we will travel before the end of the year (however that is not even a guarantee).

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope things will happen more quickly than you think.

I am currently waiting to file my I600 so I have all this ahead of me. This is gonna be hard to the bitter end I'm afraid...

Vietnam Adventures said...

Sorry to hear your news. We too experienced that bumpy rollercoaster. It was a very long 11 months for us! I know that it is difficult to wait and hear others say it will work out. It is frustrating beyond words. Know that we are thinking of you and all the families that are waiting to travel.
John and Mary
www.dragonadventures.blogspot.com

Terry and Angela said...

Hey guys, I am in the same boat with you. Mom to one of the Bac Lieu 10. I've been denying the potentiality that travel in 08 is a dream. We had already decided that if Little T wasn't home with us for Christmas, that we would go on a trip to avoid being home without him. I don't know where yet -- somewhere with no babies or toddlers.

jennamarie said...

Ugh. I'm sure this is a tough one for you to deal with. Let me know if we can help in any way- even if it's just another dinner date :O). We think of you guys often and hope the best. Hopefully you'll get a travel date for christmas....feel free to call and vent if needed.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I've been watching your blog and have been waiting anxiously for you. I do hope it all happens quickly. Once you have him here it will all be worth it.

Jen Mills