Thursday, February 5, 2009

Big ball of stress

I've been a big ball of stress for a long time. I recently had some very painful neck and shoulder pain, I attributed to my pillow. So I changed pillows, it didn't fix the pain. I had always wondered about acupuncture. They say it was able help with infertility, too. I finally found someone who had done it and got the name and number of their doctor.

My first visit was today. I told him about my neck and shoulder pain, insomnia, infertility and poor circulation. He was very optimistic that if I gave it a chance over a couple cycles he could fix the infertility. He inserted about 25 needles in my feet, legs, hands, stomach, ears and top of my head. I have a high pain tolerance but he would put the needle in then push it deeper into the muscle. Then he would twist it until I felt some burning sensation (not bad). I laid there for 30 to 40 minutes relaxing and he removed them all.

He then had me sit in a chair and felt around on my neck and shoulders. He inserted another 7-10 needles there. I sat again for 10 minutes relaxing. He said that the tension in my shoulders and neck was from long term stress (wondered what that could be??). I plan to give this a try. I have another appointment next week.

3 comments:

A said...

I hope it works for you! I suffer from all the same problems. I'm not a fan of needles, but if it works for you... I might have to check it out.

Best of luck!
Andrea
waiting for Brodie

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this. I have wondered if this helped with pain/stress like some say it does. Keep us posted!

Courtney C
waiting for Lincoln

Genny said...

I wanna know if it helps cause Lord knows I need all the help I can get.