Sunday, April 13, 2008

On the upswing

The agency is on an upswing. There have been 3 referrals so far this month, 2 infant girls and 1 infant boy. The agency also says there are 7 other families that have been "matched" with children and are waiting for their referrals. This is all positive news for us. It means we are "movin on up".

I have an "unofficial wait list" mapped out from the info I get through the agency's chat room. I have that there are 3 families ahead of us waiting for either gender referrals or specifically boys, then I have 3 families including us that all have the same date our paperwork was approved by the International Adoption Department (IAD) in Vietnam. By my count, we could be anywhere from 4Th on the list to 6Th on the list for a boy referral. This also doesn't include anyone who doesn't get on the chat room site and share their progress. So far my list has been almost 100% accurate.

I really have been trying to stay positive in my postings on this site. It's been very hard waiting for a call, an email whatever to come our way. At the end of the month, we will have been on the list for 11 months. This is not a long time to wait considering the agency is telling us 15-18 months for a referral so I track it as right on time.

We have not been "matched" yet with a child, however, if I was I'm not supposed to share that info. This is to protect the agency and us. There is always a potential that something could change with that baby's status and it's not considered "official" until the referral. But I will do my best to keep everyone posted.

One family is back from Vietnam. They were referred a little boy back in September and have really been the "guinea pig family" since all the changes in paperwork have taken place. Everything went smooth and they were in country for 14 days. We wish them all the luck. Soon it will be us on our way home.

No comments: