Saturday, December 1, 2007

How much stuff does a baby need

I have started to register for baby items, unfortunately, I can't register for a lot yet. Until we know the gender, age and size of the baby it's too hard to register for clothes and other items. I thought this would be a fun process. It hasn't been. I know I'm over thinking all of it, not a big surprise to certain people.

Chris and I have have been looking at Target and we have made 3 trips to Babies r us to look around. I have changed my mind several times on certain items. This process has not been like when we registered for our wedding. Then it didn't matter, maybe you used it, maybe you didn't. With baby items you have to worry about safety, durability and for me space. These items I'm using with a baby. So I've consulted a book (Baby Bargains) that Tracy loaned me, that Michelle loaned her, Thanks Michelle!! It's a good book but now I'm obsessing over the fine print of the items listed in this book.

First I started my registries on-line (the stores overwhelm me) but I couldn't find some of the things I saw in the store. So this morning I went out to Target (Target in Western Hills too small). Now I'm more confused about what to register for. I know there are some mothers out there that have been through this, is this how it goes for everyone? Some of the things I am confused on are a changing table (expensive), changing pad, mattress and the monitor. Some of the things Chris and I have a difference of opinion on gates, exerciser or bouncer and 2nd car seat.

I feel like I'm done registering at this time. It's too hard to make these choices for a little baby. Chris said it should be fun and everyone else reading this is thinking "She makes things more difficult than the need to be". So I'm going to concentrate on Christmas. Everyone knows I love Christmas!! Ha Ha :).

No comments: